Are you someone who is always hustling, running errands, and getting work done? If you love being busy yet feel exhausted at the end of the day, then keep reading to find some amazing self-care ideas and activities that can be done on the go, are fun and super relaxing.
Self-care means taking care of your mind-body-soul by making conscious and mindful choices. Studies show that most often ‘Stress’ is emotionally and mentally charged, as compared to physical distress. Thus, working long busy hours can add a lot of pressure and undue stress on the mind and body. However, one can work for long hours, sleep for a few hours and manage to prioritize their health & wellbeing. Yes, it’s possible, if you consciously follow the below tips!
Here are 8 self-care tips for people with ‘No Time’ -
- Connect With Your Loved Ones - Sometimes a quick catch-up/call with your best friend or family can instantly boost your mood and give you a sense of comfort. As humans we often thrive on one another’s energies, therefore spending quality time with the people you love can be very uplifting and can positively boost your mood.
- Stick to Your Crystals - You can carry specific crystals with you in your pocket, or keep them on your work desk as this will ensure harmony within and around you. Some Crystals for positive energy are Clear Quartz, Black Tourmaline, Citrine, as they dispel negativity, and create a favorable environment for you to be your best self.
- Be Mindful of Your Time - A busy life always demands more time especially for oneself, which can be challenging. Finding moments of joy throughout the day enables you to stay calm amidst the chaos. Simple practices for de-stressing can be following a 10 minute Guided Meditation or doing simple Breathwork, doing Basic Stretches/Yoga Poses can highly improve your wellbeing.
- Eating Clean & Green - Diet can play a huge role in maintaining your energy levels. Incorporate more fruits, nuts, green smoothies, dark chocolate, and vegetables, while avoiding junk/high-calorie foods as they trigger lethargy. You will start to feel lighter, more energetic, and more focused.
- Drink Enough Water - Staying hydrated can ensure improved metabolism, fewer cravings, and increased energy. Our body is made up of ~70% water, so make sure you are taking small sips every half hour.
- Create an Affirmation List - Reading your favorite quotes, or lines from a novel can instantly put you at ease. You can curate an Affirmation List to recite it and motivate yourself every few hours, such as ‘I am Capable’, ‘This Present Moment is all there is, ‘My fears don’t define me’, etc. Positive Affirmations reprogram and strengthen your mind to always focus on the solution/outcome.
- Take a Power Nap - You can take Quick 10 min Naps if you’re working from home. Another way is to simply lay down with arms and legs a few feet apart, and closed eyes, taking slow deep breaths to feel instant relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Use Bath Salts While Bathing - Bath Salts have healing properties and trace minerals that soothe the muscles and detoxify the body. A warm bath infused with Bath Salts can surely give you a good night’s rest, and inner peace.